|Essential Functions of the Job
- Performs clinical duties within the scope of license.
- Consults with patients and advises them of their dental status, prescribes the treatment required, provides risks and alternatives and documents according to department, company, state and federal agency guidelines.
- Cleans, restores, extracts, and replaces teeth, using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical equipment.
- Treats soft hard tissues diseases of the oral cavity; performs surgery on oral tissues when necessary; renders prosthetic treatment when approved and indicated; designs and places orthodontic devices to correct minor malocclusion of teeth and renders any and all dental services to restore the oral health of the patient.
- Provides preventive dental services to patient, such as applications of fluoride and sealants to teeth, and provides education in oral health and dental hygiene.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and written documentation as required by the department, company.
- Makes sound decisions in routine work, as well as in difficult situations, while working with patients, support staff and management.
- Works independently by independently planning work and/or proceeding with routine dental procedures.
- Works toward the achievement of personal and/or department goals.
- Demonstrates dependability and responsiveness to the patient’s oral health needs. Is culturally competent, displays general courtesy and friendliness to all patients. Maintains patient confidence and trust, which is paramount.
- Works with others as a team member. Demonstrates high level of dependability and responsiveness to other employees. Regularly supports the goals and objectives of the Health Center or work area and works cooperatively with other employees in meeting patient expectations/needs.
- Adheres to safety and infection control standards in the performance of the job and participation in safety and infection control related activities. Complies with established departmental policies/procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Holding a formal MD degree or higher (MA, MS, MSc, Proffesional Master’s Degree,etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret clinical data.
- Excellent English language comprehension and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills and ability to work with Medical software.
- Good patient and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Teamwork skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Dentist.
Clinical/ Hospital experience is preferable.